Wednesday, March 10, 2010

On an Island in the middle of the Pacific is where you find me.

Kawena passed out on the couch the night of the Tsunami.  What an exciting day for us all!
The girls with Uncle Harold after Special Meeting on Feb 28.  "Remember girls, I don't like you...I love you!"  Thank you for a beautiful 4 years Uncle Harold - see ya when we see ya!
 
 Uncle Scott R. - Loving having him in our home again after 17 years!  Noah was a wee little baby the last time he was here.
If it's another 15 years before I see Uncle Scott again, I may be a gray haired Granny!  :-D
Taking Scooch for a walk.  Oh how quickly he has grown!  He got acquainted with all the "friendly" neighborhood dogs, and I came home covered in slobber since I had to scoop Scooch up off the ground in fear for his safety as 70 lb dogs came approaching fast, ok...barreling, towards us.  :)  It was all good...
 The first Read Across America/Dr. Seuss Birthday volunteer reader event I hosted at Waikoloa School was a smashing success!  The leadership High School students (Noah and Mana pictured here) did AWESOME!!!  All the students really loved it, and this class got to hear Noah and Mana rap a Dr. Seuss book.  It was so much fun!  Every classroom from Grades JR K - 5 had volunteer readers come in and read a story by Dr. Seuss.  After school, we had a Birthday Party as well.

Hope everyone is having a great week!  Terry and I are home today getting the house clean and I will head down to the school shortly to do some work and pick the girls up.  :)  With work being so slow here (we haven't had any jobs line up lately), Terry has started putting applications in across the country, 2 probable locations being Washington DC and New York.  Who knows where we will be by summer?  It's heartbreaking to think of having to leave the Island, but we gotta do what we gotta do, yeah?  :)

Love and Hugs,
Mrs. C

3 comments:

  1. It is heartbreaking to leave - but if you do - you know you'll come back. It's home. We all will. I sure hope you are looking at Austin too!!! No shortage of construction projects (and teaching/property mgmt. jobs for KC)Check it out!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You, too?? So many people are making big moves these days in search of work, like us moving to San Antonio. (There's more to be had here than in CA, but as yet not much has come our way. Lots of competition for it; apparently, we aren't the only ones who had the idea!) Hope you find a good place to land. It won't be the islands, but still it can be an enriching and memorable chapter in your lives. And the islands will always be home =)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!!