Saw a gnarly accident yesterday morning, and decided I would NEVER live next to a main road. Ever.
Had a beautiful anniversary breakfast with my beautiful Hubby at Hawaiian Style Cafe. It was nice being there in the really early AM, observing the regulars; quite a different scene from the normal rush of malahini during brunch/lunch hour. We shared a portuguese sausage/ham omelet covered in gravy, a side of hash browns (yes, Hubby's choice - you know me and my RICE), and who could forget...the monster sized pancakes. Yuuuummmmm.
Loved the ride home with the girls today, and the time it provides for useless conversations. Today's went like this:
Calista - "Mom, we rehearsed our body parts play today."
Me - "Oh cool! Do you know what part you are playing yet?"
Kawena - "I hope Sissy is the heart, cuz I like my heart."
Me - "Oh yes, I love your heart too, honey."
Calista - "The heart would be cool! But we don't know yet. I hope I'm the brain."
Me - "Brain would be awesome! I wonder who is going to play the butt?"
Calista - "MOM! There is no butt in our play."
Me - "Well, there should be. It's an important part of our bodies. Without it, we couldn't stand or walk!"
Calista - "Ok, if someone needed to be the butt, it should be _ _. _." (identity of Calista's teacher protected)
I know her reasoning is innocent - her teacher would play the part with the most dignity (if there is such a thing, when it comes to this) and has the confidence to pull it off. But I thought it was hilarious.
:-D
Have a great Friday all!
Oh my word--I LOVE this! I'm dying over here, trying not to bust out laughing (Malia's asleep right next to me)!!! And it would be YOU, to ask who's playing THAT part... :-9
ReplyDeleteI LOVE those crazy girls...Miss you guys so much!