We celebrated Kawena's 4th birthday on a Wednesday this year!! It was our first year actually baking the Birthday cake, (yes, I don't bake - and if you know me, this does not come as a surprise) but the girls had a wonderful time. We substituted the water and part of the oil with coconut milk, for a super yummy chocolate/coconut cake - I felt like a regular Martha Stewart. Of course, despite all that the cake was still a bit dry, so I convert back to leaving the "Betty Crockerness" to my lovely sister (ask her for a blondie, and don't leave her alone until you get one - oh, and Rum Cake for me, two please). ;-)
The girls decorated the cake, and in all it's pink splendor, it was eaten up quickly. Here are some pics -
Cheeeese!! I'm 4 today!! She basked in the glory of it being "her day" and literally sang "Happy Birthday to Me!", all day long.
Sissy needed to make sure everyone knew how old her "lil" sis is now.
The more sprinkles the better!!!!
Mmmmm...I can't wait!
"Happy Birthday to me, Happy Birthday to me...Happy Birthday dear Kawena, Happy Birthday to me!!"
I love Birthday's, aside from the fact that this little girl has yet to have a proper Birthday Bash. I better get planning for next year, huh? ;-0
Blondie season is over. :p At least until the temperatures drop again; I'm not turning on my oven for nothin'!
ReplyDeleteMISS these babies--big hugs from all of us!