Daddy and Sissy making the tables pretty for Family Fun Night.
Little Bunny Foo Foo - (this was the only semi good picture I got of her while she was wearing her ears and tail).
Kawenas findings - Cali disappears when the camera comes out for some reason... :)
Hapuna! It was really windy that day, so the beach was very flat and the tide was really low. Reminded me of a Mainland beach, save for the teal colored ocean and warm water. :)
Our colored eggs - all 17 of them.
Kale bidding an a hui hou to our dear Troy & Renee.
THE Valley.
"In the sands of time, leave footprints." Me and my buddy Renee.
Troy and Renee.
Sad to see our friends go, but what a great time in Waipio Valley!
Wishing on Dandelions causes one to go cross-eyed for a bit.
On one of our after school walking expeditions. These are the little seeds that form on impatiens - you can pick and pop them when they are large enough and when they are popped, they resemble caterpillars!
Happy to have a few moments to sit down and blog for a second! Been so thankful these last days for friends, family, and the support of those who love our 'ohana. Being close to God, being a part of this community, showing compassion, and having deep friendships have kept my soul lifted. I truly understand what it is to "feel at home" and am thankful I have the privilege of being here in this moment. Who knows what tomorrow will bring, but I trust God is leading the way.
Nothing new to report, really - Terry's applications for East Coast jobs are still in, but no nibbles yet. Still trying to get something firm established here, but also, no opportunities. Been having an ongoing garage sale (thanks Dad for manning them for me, and convincing me when I feel otherwise) to start purging - needs to be done anyway, and makes things easier if we do have to move.
Girls are doing well in school - Calista is taking part in Hawaii State Assessment testing for the next 2 school weeks, which means there are no furlough fridays until the end of April. She has been a bit stressed, especially since she had a big report and presentation due today (needless to say, Mama and Daddy were up LATE last night), but as usual this little girl pushes forward resiliently. Oh, my precious Cali Girl!
Kawena is building up a little bit of attitude, and it's a little surprising to hear some of the reasons she comes up with for disobeying, or her absolute stubbornness. :) For example, yesterday on our walk - "Mom, that smashed thing in the road is NOT a frog, it's a chameleon." I answer, "Kawena, if you think you know better than Mom, go over there, look closely and I guarantee you it is a FROG!" She answers quickly and quietly, "Chameleon. Chameleon. Chameleon. Chameleon." End of story for her, no convincing her otherwise. What can I do?
Noah is in his last, what, 25 days of school? I don't want to actually get the calender and count, but that's what I heard. :-D Eeeeekkk!!! Still not sure on what he'll do after graduation, but I'm sure something will strike his fancy and get him going.
Kale and his pup are doing well. Nursing school, and tennis season starts up again soon. Scooch the Pooch is totally healed and back to his crazy self. :)
Anyhow, if you've read this all the way through, you have more patience than I. Lots of love.
Peace,
Mrs. C
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by!!