Sunday, July 31, 2011

Makana, you truly live up to your name. ♥

July 22, 1999, 5:10 am.  
5lbs 13oz, 21 inches long. 
Calista-Rae Makanalani Joanna Campbell

It seems like just yesterday she was placed in my arms for the first time, rendering me unable to contain the overwhelming love I immediately feel for her - I inspect every little finger & toe in awe.  As my finger traces both her 'barely there' eyebrows, and settles for a moment on her button nose, I realize the world became much smaller for me:  it was suddenly wrapped up in this beautiful little being.  Her head full of dark black hair, inquiring eyes, and content spirit intrigue me, everything about her perfect.  How could I possibly love someone so much?  But I do, and will for all time.

Cali Girl:  Thank you for choosing me to be your Mama - I couldn't have dreamed of a more sweet, patient, kind, caring & obedient daughter.  [your blonde roots are showing! ;-P]

Happy 12th Birthday my sweet Cali girl.  Daddy, Mommy, & Sissy love you TOO MUCH!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!!