May 3rd - spent the evening addressing and packing Noah's graduation announcements (finally!). It was bittersweet for us, and another reminder that graduation is just around the corner!
We celebrated Noah's 18th Birthday out at the Stewart farm so that Kale could take part - he couldn't come out this way with finals week coming up, so we went that way. And what a treat it was to be out there, great rest for my soul. The girls and I walked up to the house from the bottom, or should I say Calista ran while I kept Kawena 'motivated' by reminding her to keep going every few steps. "But MOM, my legs hurt. And my feet hurt. Can you carry me?" Haha, yeah right honey! Keep going, we are almost there - in fact let's run the rest of the way! And to her credit, she did, and loved the trek despite herself. :) When we were almost to the house, she tells me her heart is beating way too fast. I tell her that's great - it means your heart is exercising! Then she decides it's hardly beating at all - her last ditch effort to be carried the rest of the way...this girl doesn't give up!
This pic courtesy of Cali - no photoshop or editing necessary! It really is this beautiful! :)
Blogging tonight is technically difficult, so this is all for now. There's much more I need to catch you up on, so be back soon!
Love,
Mrs. C
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by!!