Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Infrequent posts, my new specialty!

Well, here I am, almost two months since officially becoming a professional SAHM (Stay-At-Home-Mom) :-).  I must say we have been soooo incredibly busy.  In all honesty, I was worried about how this new arrangement would work out for me and my little family (I am aware that I like working), but I really must say I love being home.  Kawena and I have infused ourselves in to the Waimea SAHM community and go to wonderful "actibiteees" (Kawena speaking) here in town:
1.  Story time on Mondays at the library, followed by craft time.
2.  Kempo on Tues. (with Daddy & Cali)
3.  Tumble Fun on Wed. (oh wait, no - now it's on Thursdays)
4.  Kempo on Thurs. (with Daddy & Cali)
5.  MOPS every other Friday (in which Kawena takes great pride in being a MOPPET).

It's not all peachy keen though, since we have to go through sending Cali to school every morning.  I wish she could stay home with Kawena and I, but we all know that is not an option. :-). Man, there is so much I missed out on with her...  Can't look back though, so we'll keep looking forward.  She is really enjoying 4th grade - has 2 really good friends that keep her excited about being there.  

We have Bible Study in our home every Wednesday night, and Union Meeting for Oct. and Nov.  We are loving life, that's for sure.

Terry has been busy at work still, thank goodness with the way the economy is right now.  He lost a major part of one of our contracts so we had to lay off our 3 employees, which means less work for me (no payroll, insurances, etc), and WAY less overhead.  :-)  We leave things in HIS hands, which means no worries.  :-)

I am getting our house organized; there is ALWAYS something to do.  I feel clearer in my mind with each project that gets done.  

On a sad note, Terry got news that one of his best buddies passed away due to a heart attack.  Terry grew up with this man, and all the best memories in his teen years include Ira.  He was only 27 years old, with a young family - wife and 2 small children.  Terry misses him dearly; but our hearts really ache for his wife and children.  We will be in Washington at the end of the month for his funeral.  It really helps us realize there are no guarantees for tomorrow; we take our days, relationships, and time here for granted.  Really helps us appreciate, and have conviction to live a better life.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!!