Thursday, August 15, 2013

Time and other things of past.

Whew.  I bet you never saw this coming.  :) 

It's true.  Calista-Rae, AKA Makana, is officially a ninth grader.  I am the mother of a high-school-aged child.  Yes, I feel like I was just cradling her in my arms yesterday, and yes, I feel her hand loosening it's grip on mine, and yes, I cried as I watched her board the high school bus, and no, I didn't hijack the bus for another hug and kiss from her, or to whisper another word of advice and encouragement, like I felt I needed to.  And guess what?  She survived the first day.  And the second.  And the third; and then I noticed the pattern:  my kids survive without me.  How can that be?
Calista, 1st day 9th Grade, Kamehameha Schools Hawaii Campus
Miss Kawena, as to spare Mama from the breakdown of too many milestones in one year, keeps in routine at Kanu as a 4th grader!  Of course, her anxiety of no longer having big sissy around campus was evident, but she too, survived the transition, and is thriving.
Kawena, 1st day 4th Grade, Kanu
Terry is working out on the dairy farm in O'okala, helping build the expansion there.  He is finishing up the last year or so of the expansion of his brain and will hopefully be graduating in 2014 with a BS in Agriculture, majoring in Aquaculture.  Um yeah.  He's amazing.
My dirty farm boy
Ok, so moving on.  To me?  Well, finished up a project, moved my office home, going to tend to my house and personal matters I put to the wayside while my energies were focused primarily on work, and think about all the things I am thankful for, some of which involve my Mom.  Yep, that pretty much sums it up.  ;)
Ka 'ohana Campbell
Lots of love.  xoxoxo

3 comments:

  1. Still can't believe Cali is in HIGH SCHOOL either! But as with both of those girls they're doing awesome! Love ya sis!

    ReplyDelete
  2. miss you guys soooo much. love you! nanZ

    ReplyDelete
  3. How did I miss this? I'm glad to see an update here! (And I'll admit: reading posts full of stuff I already know is reassuring; I'm glad you're an excellent keeper-in-touch. I'll keep working on it. ;-D) Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!!