Monday, January 2, 2012

Two thousand twelve. & I miss my family too.

The Holiday Season brings families together, miles that separate disappear with smiles, hugs, and joyful reunions.  The miles that separate my little 'ohana [approx 90 to Puna, and 2500 to Washington] seemed so much further this year as gatherings and holiday cheer commenced on opposite sides of the pacific.  Oh man, how do I continue this post without sounding absolutely pitiful and making everyone depressed?  Best stop all that stuff right now.  Let's just suffice it to say - I MISSED MY FAMILY LIKE, SUPER CRAZY.  ;)

All that aside, we enjoyed beautiful fellowship with our friemily's [made up a new word!  that's friends who are like family] - potluck after potluck, new adventures in Waipi'o, Pu'u honua o honaunau, and our annual New Years celebration at the Stewarts, which by the way, we did on Friday night instead of Saturday and I quite like because I'm bringing an attitude of always being one-step-day-move-ahead-of-the-game into 2012.  :)  Um, yeah...we'll see how long that lasts.  ;)

So, as the last of the holiday treats are consumed, new resolutions are made, decorations are tidy back in storage, and life resumes back to [what we know as] 'normal', I like to remind myself:  true happiness does not come from external influences [people, places, & things].  It comes from being content and at peace with ones lot in life, whatever that may be. 

Warmest greetings from beautiful, sunny, warm Waimea - wishes for a productive, growing, inspiring 2012. 

 With all my love, Mrs. C.
These few photos are courtesy of my Cali Girl.  She's got quite an eye!

'The wall' at City of Refuge.

Max & Adam [brothers], taking the leap!

3 comments:

  1. Ummm...reading this with the music does not help. Looks like you guys had fun! Back to the grind now! Miss and love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job on your pictures calz! Miss you all SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOmuch! Hau'Oli Makahiki Ho!

    -Nanz

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank goodness for friemily's!! I like your new word! And even more your positive attitude + inspiring outlook. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!!