It's June 1st! Wow. Seriously, time is flying.
Survival mode for the next week while we prep for our upcoming trip to WA [first mainland trip in almost 2 years, so we are, how would you say...?...oh yes - EXCITED beyond belief]. I unsuccessfully started packing a few times, before deciding what I need to do is try on EVERY item in my closet and sort it out before I could possibly consider putting anything in a suitcase. Who on earth makes packing so complicated? Yes, that would be moi, raising my hand.
Not even to mention that the house must be absolutely spotless [like eating off the floor sanitary] before we go. Fridge emptied, storage organized, windows washed, cars washed, lawn mowed, bills paid, mail sorted...the list goes on and on. Confession: Sometimes I think I go on vacation just so that I can catch up on all the things I should be doing in the first place. Teehee, sort of.
Anyways, Kawena's social calender has been quite full since, let's see...the Sunday after school got out, so we've (she's) been enjoying her play dates and sleepovers to the max. How is it I spend much more time concerned with my children's social lives than my own? Calista has been sleeping to her hearts content through it all, awakes when it gets too hot to be in bed anymore [Mom, is it time for lunch already!?], and stumbles around the house for the rest of the day. OH, my sweet almost adolescent.
So needless to say, we are enjoying the fruits of Summer (although forecast calls for thunderstorms and SNOW on Mauna Kea today, so somebody didn't get the "hello! it's summer" memo) and really looking forward to our time with 'ohana and friends in the 'Mainland'. Hopefully I'll have time for another post before we go, but if not - see you later! XOXO
| Calista up at Kahua Ranch for a 2 1/2 hour tour on horseback. |
| Memorial Day 2011 - West Hawai'i Veterans Cemetery |
We're looking forward to meeting more of Josh's ohana! Hope the trip over goes well and we'll hopefully be meeting you soon!
ReplyDelete